Late December; schools are closed, and office work comes to a halt. It’s a great time to tour in Israel! The weather is unpredictable, but that shouldn’t stop you from having a phenomenal Israeli experience. So, how do you travel throughout Israel in the winter when the clouds roll in and the mercury drops? Israel with Love has a few great ideas!
- Jerusalem is a city where one civilization built on top of another. That’s good news for winter travelers. When the rains fall, you’re only moments from tunnels and basements filled with 2,000-year-old mansions, 3,800-year-old water towers and 21st century art galleries!
- Israel LOVES children and is ready with a multitude of child-friendly indoor activities from HaChol Yachol (the indoor sand park) and DeKarina chocolate-making workshop in the Golan’s Ein Zivan to The Workshop in Gush Etzion where you can make your own Israeli souvenir instead of buying one! Head to the gentle hills of Samaria and participate in Les Saidel’s bread-baking workshop which highlight breads mentioned in the Bible!
- Outdoor swimming! Yes, you read correctly. Israel with Loves enjoys swimming during the winter months. Gan HaShlosha (Sachne) and Hamat Gader offer geothermal pools that make winter swimming an experience that your family will remember for a lifetime!
- Bars with a view. Israelis love their wine and offer bars with a uniquely Israeli spin. The Notre Dame Rooftop Bar offers a spectacular view of Jerusalem’s Old City. Imagine sipping a merlot while watching the sun set over Jerusalem’s golden Dome of the Rock! The Sarona Complex’s Whiskey Bar is housed in what was a 19th century winery. This underground bar offers more than 1,000 varieties of whiskey and the stones hold secrets of the Mossad (Israeli secret intelligence) that once used the spot for covert assignments.
- The desert is always a step away. For a small country, Israel boasts a variety of different climates. SO, even when it’s cold in Jerusalem, warm desert air is not far away. A tour of the majestic mountains of Masada is only 90 minutes from downtown Jerusalem! Even floating in the Dead Sea is a great winter option! And then after you dry off, enjoy a beer at the lowest bar (425 meters below sea level) on the planet! And, from Masada, it’s only a 2-hour drive to the Israeli port city of Eilat. Drop your bags, grab goggles and an air tube and snorkel along some of the world’s most breathtaking coral beds!
It may be cold outside, but Israel warmth and charm will make you glad you came. Even in winter! Israel with Love can’t wait to see you!
#Israel #Winter #Tour #Tours #Touring #Guide #TourGuide #Vacation #Holiday #Travel #Sightseeing #Food #Beer #Whiskey